Looking for some fresh quotes about the state of IT security? We have some good ones, courtesy of the more than 1,800 attendees at SecureWorld Boston which took place March 27-28, 2019.
Here is a random assortment our team caught going in and out of sessions. We have much more to share later from interviews with top security leaders conducted during the conference.
“The internet is about to start killing people, and government regulates things that kill people.”
- Bruce Schneier, on why InfoSec can expect more government regulation
“We’re building a program around data. It has elements of aspirations, but we don’t want delusions.”
- Esmond Kane, Deputy CISO, Partners HealthCare, on a program that gives every role in the organization tools to enable cybersecurity
“By having a brand to it, a logo, a theme, the way materials are presented. It's almost the Disney-ology concept. There will be a better recall of these things when they are actually doing their normal job.”
- Scott Margolis, Founder & Managing Partner, Solution Lab, on building your security awareness brand within the organization
“If you’re looking for another opportunity in security, the people that have a certification along with their experience are going to be viewed as a better candidate than the ones who do not.”
- Mark Aiello, VP of Cybersecurity for Signature Cyber, part of an IT staffing firm, on maximizing your cybersecurity career path
“It’s important to increase visibility. Many of the success stories we have, if you have a good MSSP that can make a hand over of details to an incident response provider like us, you can reduce the time it takes for mitigation.”
- Ondrej Krehel, CEO and Founder of
“Learning lots of new acronyms at #SWBOS19, some of which I suspect were only recently created. A reflection of how quickly InfoSec is evolving.”
- Steven Lesser, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Andover Newton Theological School
“Cryptomining traffic is up 200% in the last 10 months. How do crypto criminals get their upfront costs down? By using your rig, your AWS.”
- Mark Stanford, SE Manager, Cloud Security, Cisco, on
If you attended SecureWorld Boston, thank you for being involved with one of our 17 regional security conferences across North America.